Announced in 2012, Cyberpunk 2077 is anticipated by many experts as the masterpiece of CD Projekt Red, creator of The Witcher 3. After many postponements, the game arrives on the day of November 19.
With different levels of difficulty, with RPG system and with Keanu Reeves as a character in a dystopian land, Cyberpunk 2077 it’s a great mix of many elements. Check out in this article everything we know about the game and what you can expect from him.
Release date – November 19, 2020 [ATUALIZADO]
Keanu Reeves took the stage at EA 2019 and announced that on September 17, 2020 Cyberpunk will be available for computers, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Which, after many exchanges, was confirmed even for November 19!
In addition to the date, it was announced that the game is already in pre-sale. A collector’s edition was also revealed, containing a action figure 25 cm from the main character, the mercenary or the mercenary known as V.
Next to the figure we will have a box that resembles one of the many buildings that exist in Night City, the city where the game takes place. There is also a book and a steelbook. A city map is also included in this edition.
Taking advantage of the announcement, CD Projekt confirmed that the game will be fully translated and localized in 18 different languages and in some variants. This is the case of Portuguese, which will be in Brazilian Portuguese and in Portuguese.
Gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077
THE gameplay more than 40 minutes Cyberpunk 2077 revealed at EA 2019 brought us some pretty satisfying information about what this game is. We know above all that it is a RPG in first person, with many elements of FPS. According to the developers, there are dozens of firearms that can be used.
It allows you to create your character almost from scratch. Hair style, face, skin color and even gender avatar can be chosen. Some compare this system to that of Mass Effect, but with much more customization options.
What we cannot change in any way is the “name”: V. And just that, a letter, which matches the main character’s mysterious past.
Choose from three different backgrounds
One of the most interesting parts revealed about the gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077 is having to choose which background from V. You can be a street child, a nomad or a corporate.
Each past will bring different intrinsic abilities to the character. Being a character created in the corporate environment, he will be able to better understand the power and hierarchy relationships of large companies, for example. Something that can be very useful in a dystopia like Cyberpunk.
If you choose to have a past as a street child, you will know how to deal with thieves, scammers and other characters of the genre. You will have that “trickery” to deal with situations similar to these.
It should be noted that the starting point of the game will be different for each lifepath chosen.
Dialog and direction options GTA
We could see, albeit on top, that Cyberpunk 2077 will have dialogue options. As occurs in the The Witcher 3, certain situations allow you to choose one path or the other in the conversation. V may be more aggressive, for example, or be more patient in some cases. Everything in the game will affect the ending, which creates multiple endings for the game.
We also know that there will be a vehicle steering system, very similar to that of GTA. Various types of cars and motorcycles will be available in the game. You can switch the camera to a third person inside the vehicles if you want.
It is confirmed that you can store several vehicles in your garage within the game. However, only one can be chosen at a time to fly. That’s because the car or motorcycle is linked to V, thanks to an artificial intelligence. So you can call the vehicle to you, as Geralt did to Carpeado.
Finally, although there are aerial vehicles and boats, you cannot pilot them, which is a shame. But you can swim in Cyberpunk,
Hacking and violent combat systems
During the announcement of the gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077 we noticed an interesting feature, which is to hack systems. In practice it looks a lot like what Watch Dogs presented. In the midst of a complicated situation it is possible to enter an apparently prohibited place using this system or even disable something electronic on an opponent.
Using this in the middle of a dialogue is also possible. In fact, the dialogues in Cyberpunk they are not “closed” moments. From what can be seen, it is possible, in addition to the dialogue options, to cut the conversation and go to the fight. Of course, this will completely affect the development of the narrative.
No wonder that Cyberpunk it is a game for people over 18. You can literally dismember opponents and innocent people, if you want, using a sword. There are options for hand-to-hand combat, with a “power” that slows everything down and allows you to attack enemies more precisely.
Although firearms are the great stars of combat in Cyberpunk, you can end the whole game without killing a single person. So even if the game considered an SPF, we can adopt a more stealthy stance.
Children and important NPCs cannot be killed.
Novels in the same mold The Witcher 3
It was to be expected that there would be romances and sexual relations in Cyberpunk 2077. They will work the same way they work in The Witcher 3. The difference is that V can relate to anyone, regardless of their sexual orientation. This brings greater depth to this game’s functionality.
In addition, explicit nudity and the possibility of having even loving relationships with NPCs is already confirmed. In other words: it will not be just sex for sex, which, once again, demonstrates CD Projekt Red’s intention to create a complex experience.
Class system Cyberpunk 2077 is open
Something that has so far pleased the demonstrations of Cyberpunk it is the presence of an open class system. This means that even if you have a preference for one style of play, you can still have skills evolved from another.
So far three classes have been confirmed:
- Ground: for those who want to be a cold and lonely hitman in the best Hitman style, this class is the most suitable. It governs combat skills. Those who follow this class are more agile and physically stronger than the others
- Techie: those who follow the Techie line will be considered object modifiers and creators. They create equipment, improve existing ones. They do everything to meet your needs in the game. As they are above average intelligent, they can control drones if they reach an advanced level of specialization
- Netrunner: if hacking is your business, then you should follow the path of Netrunner. You will be able to enter systems, open doors, decode encrypted codes and even access the brain of NPCs. It is the ideal style of play for players who bet on stealth
Night City and a world without invisible barriers to explore
We have already received statements from CD Projekt Red that the map of Nith City, a dystopian and futuristic city of Cyberpunk 2077, will be greater than that of The Witcher 3. Comparisons are inevitable, mainly because Geralt’s map of adventures is huge and vast.
Another important information is that after the last building of Night City there will be no invisible barrier. This means that the city will not be the limit, and there may be more content to be added later.
In terms of map division, Night City is divided into six districts. It is fictional, of course, but it would be located on the West Coast of California, between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The regions range from the poorest to the richest and most technological. See below a little about each one:
- City Center: as the name suggests, it is the heart of the city. It is where the most luxurious apartments are located and where wealthy citizens live. Large corporations are located here
- Santo Domingo: Night City industrial zone. Here are located factories, power plants, generators and everything that keeps the entire city running
- Pacifica: despite its name, Pacifica is not a quiet district. In fact, visit it only if you are prepared to fight for your life. It is where most of the city’s most dangerous gangs are established.
- Watson: in Watson there is almost the entire Asian community. It is a great maze in which the main markets are located. The streets are narrow, cramped and always crowded with people.
- Heywood: V begins his journey in Heywood, the district where the Latin community lives. It is a place where gangs, corporations and ordinary citizens share space.
- Westbrook: all of Night City’s most famous nightclubs are in Westbrook. After all, that’s where celebrities and famous people live. Everything here is expensive, so you need to be prepared to spend it if you want to go there.
- Badlands: in addition to the six districts, we have Badland. It is a devastated and mysterious place, which can be explored both on foot and using vehicles. It would be a region very similar to the world shown in Mad Max.
Specifications for those who want to play on the PC
Those who will play on a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One need not worry about system requirements. PC gamers, however, need to be aware of whether their machines will run well Cyberpunk 2077.
To date, we still do not have official information on the matter. What we know is that the game demo shown at E3 2019 was run on a PC, the specifications of which you can see below:
- CPU: Intel i7-8700K – 3.70Ghz
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
- RAM memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 2X16GB, 3000Mhz, CL15
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti
- Storage: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
Remember, however, that the game is still in development. So these settings should be reduced a little bit, in order to allow players with less powered PCs to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077.
On the other hand, the game will have technology support ray tracing, which may indicate that this will not be a game even for weak machines.
What can we expect from Cyberpunk 2077?
Keanu Reeves will play Silverhand, one of the most iconic and important characters in the game. That alone is reason to expect much from Cyberpunk 2077 and to leave the hype on the heights. Adding this to the fact that CD Projekt Red already gave us one game of the year, which was The Witcher 3, we already have reason to expect that this game be one of the best of this generation.
Analyzing the details of what we know so far, we will have on hand on September 17, 2020 a game that fits in several genres, at the same time as in none. Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG, an FPS, an adventure game, with elements of exploration and combat that resemble games like GTA and Watch Dogs.
The V creation system also pleases and promises to be a really cool point in the game. We will also be able to build the story of this character, from choices that will culminate in multiple endings. Even if there is no “moral system”, according to the developer, this aspect will also be very present in this title.
CD Projekt Red has already announced that the game will arrive only with the mode single player. In the future, in updates, it is possible that there will be some kind of multiplayer. The DLCs are confirmed, in the same standards of The Witcher 3.
Finally, we only have to wait a little less than a year to experience this game in depth. But we can certainly consider that Cyberpunk 2077 will be a strong candidate for the game of the year if expectations are confirmed.